PLAN is always available to answer any questions you may have. Please do not hesitate to call for basic consulting services. However, if your library is going through major changes, PLAN can provide enhanced consulting services for a fee.
These services include:
- Complete assessment of the existing library facility, landscaping, furnishings, and equipment
- Board training – best practices
- Strategic Planning
- SWOT Analysis of resources/collection, programs, services, technology, budget, and nongovernmental funding sources
- Analysis of City demographics and growth trends as they pertain to library services
- Analysis of current library services offered and future services desired
- Assessment of library collection – age, use, formats, and size.
- Assessment of collection development policies
- Assessment of general library policies
- Identify regional partnerships
- Staffing model – projections and recommendations
- Interviewing and facilitating focus groups with library staff, city staff, library board members, volunteers, Friends, and other community stakeholders.
- Surveying (on-line and in-person), facilitating focus groups, and virtual meetings for members of the public who are not currently library users to provide input on the value of library services within the greater community
- Peer support – during the project PLAN will coordinate meetings between the library staff and the key personnel listed who have recently completed library construction projects
- Lead virtual or physical tours of new library construction projects
- Prepare the staff of the library to engage the assistance of an architectural firm for Year Two of the project
- Final recommendations for future library needs
Our consultants have decades of running some of the most successful and innovative libraries in Texas. We understand Texas libraries and our unique experience will save your organization time and money.
Please feel free to contact us for more information or a proposal.